The design process is exceptionally exciting because
this is when all of your dreams start coming true.
Design/Build enables the construction process to run smoother and more become more affordable.
Advantages of the Design/Build process include:
- The owner saving significant amounts of time and money.
- Projects can be designed and built quicker and in a more
cost effective manner.
- Budgets, procurement of materials, and scheduling can begin
before the final design work and documents are completed.
- Owners can have more input into the design and construction
phase of the project.
- Timely informed construction decisions are always
- Subcontractors become a member of the team early in the
The design process is the same, whether it’s a new build or renovation. After an initial phone consultation, Toms Contracting Inc. will visit the site or to the home and find out more about the homeowner. This conversation will answer the following questions:
who makes the decisions and how they are going to make them
the scope of work
the timeline – and make sure it’s realistic
With this information in hand, we can start looking around the site or home and create a design agreement. Once a design is finalized, a schedule is set, and construction contract is signed, we are ready to go.